Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night!

There were thunderstorms through the evening and I start getting concerned about the electricity going out as soon as I hear the first rumbles but it stayed up through both shows last night.  However ... at about two in the morning there was a big one that took out the power and the Internet, and scared the bejeebers out of the cats.

There will be a report on the shows last night in a little bit as Laralette Lane sang at the Circus last night and she had been there before but that was before I was hanging about there.  Pictures and a report to come in a little while.

The beauty part was this morning as I gave up on any systems coming back up and went to bed.  However ... the Internet was still down this morning and, even better, it wasn't possible to boot the iMac.  It was looking so grim that I was getting ready to get it off the table and give up on it but, after multiple tries, it came up and has been running ever since.  So long as a Mac goes down clean, it will probably come back up again.  If it doesn't then it may take a bit to convince it to come back to life.  That was a thrill I really didn't need but it's running now.  Whew!

I was advised yesterday that blogs are useless because they're just diaries ... and this came from someone on Facebook where they routinely talking about what they're eating, whatever TV show they're watching, and whatever song they're hearing on some music social network.  I write on the blog because I can go into the depth that Facebook can't achieve due to an attention span that's about the same as a gnat on crack.  There are two things I know:  the blog was here long before Facebook came and it will be here long after Facebook is gone.

So, on with the bloggery and next will come an article on last night's show!

No comments: