Monday, February 11, 2013

Here's a New Twist: A Poetic Reading

Stand-up comedy is something I have never tried and I have also never tried a public reading of my poetry.  In the latest situation, I may be doing both, although the former inadvertently.  My friend, Julie, read some of the poems in "Lunagrams" and asked me to do a reading in Second Life.  She reads her own poetry in there so that tells me she's not trying to flatter me and she has a mad love of her own so she's not trying to start a romance either.  She's my sister and she showed charming good manners in asking Cat if it would be ok to ask me to read and that's quite a rare thing.

The reading will take place at Circe Broom's reading room and it's a shame she can't be there as she so loves poetry but her spirit will be in attendance and that may sound corny but I certainly believe in spirits.

The way this will work is via Second Life Voice, a feature internal to the the virtual world, and it won't use an audio stream as usually required for music.  While this should work, there are various drawbacks to it and one of which is that it isn't possible to easily record the reading.  Something that may work is some audio capture software I have but I've never had reason to use it.  The audio quality of Second Life Voice is not specifically too good but it's worth a try to capture it and I will do that.

The reading will be at 11:30 am PST or 1:00 pm PST on Saturday, March 2nd.  It would be just peachy if you could be in Second Life to hear it.

Vielleicht lese ich meine Deutsche Gedicht und das ist sehr ballsy aber lustig also!

No comments: