Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Plan is to Make for the UK

There is health care in the UK but I have to go there to register.  I gather they will even give me money but I have no idea how that works or why they would do it.  The biggest reason, apart from health care, would be to visit with Alazarin Mondrian.  I'm nowhere near his class as a musician but he said it would be cool to visit so that would be pretty swell.  He lives somewhere around London.

I tried to find a video to show you his work but there aren't any.  He's one of the most brilliant of the Second Life musicians and he has a long career playing in RL also but there's nothing out there.  However, there is one of another of his incarnations, Alazarin Mobius, and he's knocking out some riffs with nothing but a drum machine for the pure merry hell of it:



For the full sound of Alazarin Mondrian with all instrumentation you can listen to him on ReverbNation.  "Alazarin's Castle" will give you quite a good taste of his band.  I've never heard anyone do Count Riffula better.

It's still way too cold to head up that way but I do know that a one-way ferry to Italy is a hundred euros, possibly a little less.  We've already established that trying to cross the Alps on a scooter in Winter is a death trip so that's not being considered but getting moving as soon as it warms up some would be pretty good.  The scooter gets astounding mileage so who knows.

I'm not really interested in staying in the UK even if they do give me money as I'm quite serious in what I've seen of Germany and I very much want to learn more.  Alazarin isn't exactly living on a King's budget so I'm hoping I could get a tip from him on where I could stay for cheap until I can line up a doctor and then I would roll out again some time after that.  The main thing is to get my medical ticket punched as then I can get medical care anywhere.

As to what I can take with me, I can get a bigger box for the scooter for €45,00 and anything that won't fit I don't need.  The guitar can strap across my back with pretty good security and that means I can sell the case which is a pretty nice one.  With any luck at all, the iMac is sold by then, the dentist is covered, and I'm in the wind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Like the video. Sometimes when you see the video of the RL person playing it over their avatar, it makes it sound even better. Alazarin and The Invisible Band playing at their custom venue is visually unique and something special, but in this case I appreciate his technique even more. when watching the man behind it all.

I heard him say at a show that he was streaming from London but the accent threw me off and I wondered whether it was another London outside the UK. If he's nearby, maybe he can make it to the jam too. :)

Unknown said...

Alazarin invited me to jam with him some while back and he's vastly more talented than I but it would be huge fun to meet with him nevertheless. That invitation is one of the biggest reasons for going up to the UK as I told him I would and I would like to deliver on that.

I don't know exactly where he is but he's definitely in the UK and, I believe, close to London. I don't think he's gone to any previous jams but there's no telling what the future will bring.

I wasn't aware of the London Jam when I decided to head for the UK and I'm still not sure I can do it but getting into the medical system wouldn't be a bad idea at all so that's another good incentive to get back up there!