Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Thank You, Cadillac Man and Frosty the Dog

Thanks for the card and I did look closely for them going on about how 'they see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil' but, as far as I could tell all all them were speaking evil while they had their eyes covered to prevent seeing any.  Those rascals are sneaky like that.

I hope things have improved with that which has been bugging you although I did know someone who was allergic to Christmas trees and it wasn't Walter from "Sleepless in Seattle" but rather someone else who was doomed to a life of those awful silver trees with the red and blue globes.

Gadzooks, I can't stand it.

Ed:  sure, it's much better to chop down millions of pine trees, isn't it

Fair enough but I don't want a War on Christmas and I really don't want a war on pine trees either.  There's no skin in it for me since it wouldn't get any more or less Christmas here with a tree since both of us are trying to do various things in different ways anyway.  Unknown how it will shake with the trees over time but the treehuggers will be coming for them sooner or later and I don't really see a reason to oppose them.


There's the juice from some unexpected Christmas generosity so that gets some Theory of Propagated Goodness happening so the vibe is good all 'round.  I did another round with the cancer crew and they burned quite a few spots but there was nothing positive from a biopsy.  Things seem generally in abeyance so the Prime Directive is kick back and dig it.

There's one other since I need to put something in the pot for a Salvation Army bellringer and it's not a religious thing but rather they were there for the draftees when we turned up that night at Fort Leonard Wood and no-one else was.  I ain't fergettin' and I bet those other boys didn't either.


There's been a major smell from the Electoral College compounded by the fact it doesn't seem many learned anything from it.  Your timing was excellent since it would be much better to let that smell blow past to bother someone else.  That's like snowblowing with politics; so long as it lands in someone else's yard, it's ok.


I hope it's a great one and filled with dancing penguins.

11 comments:

Cadillac Man said...

There is a statue in front of the.Capitol which is on the reverse of the $

Cadillac Man said...

There is a statue in front of the Capitol building that is on the reverse of the bill that honors the man on the front, Ulysses S. Grant.

Unknown said...

I even downloaded a huge image of it and I still couldn't find it. Archaeology may not be in my future.

Cadillac Man said...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_S._Grant_Memorial Here is the link for the description of the statue. It is at the very bottom near the reflecting pool and the Commons. Not sure the statue is actually on the bill. If so, it would be tiny. So not to worry about being able to keep archaeology as a late career option.

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with cutting Christmas trees grown for that purpose? Same as growing corn.

Unknown said...

Dunno if it's necessarily wrong but it does seem a tad wasteful. Wood is like religion to me and it deserves more than to be used for two weeks and thrown away. I'm really not judging it, tho, as I do see the renewable resource and they will plant more to replace the ones harvested. It's really not an exaggeration and definitely it comes from the touch of the guitar when wood becomes sacred and it seems only those who are deeply involved with the wood spirits can really work with it.

So that's why (larfs).

Unknown said...

Got it, Cadillac Man, and thanks. I did finally see the monument but nary a monkey (larfs). The background on it is impressive with the biggest casting ever in US. It must be crazy how they work the process to make them.

Anonymous said...

Dude it is pine hardly a cherishable wood. Most of those trees are turned into woods chips and used in landscaping

Unknown said...

Isn't pine part of the substrate in building houses?? I don't know the builder word for it but part of the intermediate layers of a wall. I'm glad you see it's not Christmas but the wastefulness which bugs me.

Anonymous said...

Agreed not Christmas. But the trees are recycled into wood chips. There isnt a waste. Almost every city has a recyling center that turns wood into chips for landscaping

Unknown said...

I didn't realize the trees get recycled so that's not so bad and even gives a lesson to the kids.