Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Silas Plays Cat's Art MusikCircus

The report is accurate but the tense is not so good as this happened last night.

Performances are not announced as there is no plan for them.  If I'm in shape for it and I'm thinking Cat could use a surprise then I start up the system and play.  It's fine if anyone is there already but neither of us send any notices as the promotion stuff is a supreme nuisance so I don't want her to have to do it.  Most people have no idea how hard venue owners work and I don't want her to have to do that for these moments.

First up was a run-through of "The Cat in the Space Between Things" but I screwed myself by going into it too loud.  What may be a bit unusual to grip is that it doesn't make any difference how loud or soft I play here to how loud / soft the signal goes into Second Life.  That information is entirely useless to you except insofar as it explains how I could screw myself but Cat would not know it.

The keys on the synthesizer are touch-sensitive which means they sound louder if you hit them harder.  That's very good and I like that feature but it means when the system is too loud that means it will sound ok as I play softly but it will feel like hammer hits as I play harder.  That was the problem and it's difficult to manage after starting.

"The Laughing Gecko" song was part of it also as I was feeling ok so keep on going with it.  The object in redoing it is to do it all electric and this was from a way I played it quite a while ago.  Cat was given a recording of that so I thought, hmm, ok let's try that again.

The audio wasn't satisfactory and that affected the outcome but it was still cool as there was still good play.  I hate it if my lead line sounds jerky or like I don't know where it's going.  Actually I don't know where I'm going but it mustn't ever sound indecisive and there was some string-bending that would say I Love You like only an electric guitar can.

(Ed:  some say other instruments can say I Love You better)

What should I say.  Obviously they are wrong!

(Ed:  what about a saxophone?)

Well, maybe the saxophone as sax players always get the girls.  This is why other musicians hate them.

(Ed:  is that true?)

Of course not ... except for pan flute players but you can hear from their play how it goes with that vicious bunch.

No comments: