Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"The Cat in the Space Between Things" Part II - clear copy

(I may edit it further.  It's not final until it's recorded.)

The space between things
fills with what we are
and what we hope to be.

It's really not so far
It's everything you see

But it's easy to look forward
and not see anything at all
It's the same looking backward
when you forget your call.

The space between us isn't empty
it's the circus in our dreams
It's finally a real world
where things are what they seem.

There's a bridge to this world of rainbows
a bridge anyone can walk
a bridge for all the wretched
and those who would be free
a bridge for all the hopeless
a crossing for those who see


I know that here I'll find her
She's somewhere in the mist
I can feel her gentle presence
I can taste her tender kiss.

She runs through fields of flowers
such flowers I've never seen
The air is filled with butterflies
in this place I've never been.

The sun shines as if forever
but it doesn't matter now.
I can see her coming closer
and I feel the urge to bow
to the spirits who have led me
to all the places I have been
and all of that to show me
where I am right now.

And here she stands before me
She is the one I've always sought
If I had come here on my own
it would have been for naught.
There's nothing without sharing
as every bubble bursts
but here we drink the passion
and slake that desert thirst.


Freedom!

No comments: