Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shinp DL-22RR Dual Beam Laser - Sensational

There was great disappointment when the shipment went seemingly astray but all was redeemed yesterday, particularly by DHL, in delivering the unit.

The display with smoke in combination with the other units is hypnotically insane.  The eye wants to follow the patterns on the wall but there's no way it can as there are too many of them and they move too fast.  (I will change the programming somewhat as there is some concern it could trigger problems with epilepsy.)

(Ed:  is it enough?)

Nope.

It is absolutely dazzling and for a time I just sat there almost staring at it as the hypnotic effect is extraordinary.  The only drawback is noise as the lasers have fans for cooling and they also have servo motors to aim the beams.

It does need more and this isn't the same as Kim Kardashian going back endlessly for silicone injections in her bubble butt or Joan Rivers making herself look like a Klingon.  I know what the result of what I'm trying to do looks like and I won't be satisfied until I achieve it.

The general plan is unchanged:  shoot "The Laughing Gecko Song," most likely this week-end, in clear light so you can see the geckoness of one of the t-shirts he sent.  The camera is full-charged so that should definitely come over the week-end.

"The Cat in the Space Between Things" still needs more time with me pretending to be a composer and it may be weeks before I'm satisfied it's ready to shoot.


Donate Button:  I'm going to put one back up again as there's no chance I can pay for this myself.  To do this right will cost a couple of grand as it will take a second camera to capture it.  I will consider the GoFundMe or whatever crowd-sourcing type of approach.

The specific objective with such a sum is to get an HD videocam similar to the one here now and to get additional lasers to base from alternative locations such that the beams intersect in unusual ways.  When all run from a light rack, all are generally parallel so the purpose of alternate locations is to disrupt that.

(Ed:  so you are not planning on dying soon?)

No idea but I did transmit the heart data to the clinic and they did not tell me to go to the E.R.  This was a dark situation as I have had heart palpitations all my life but the crazy beats didn't come except from too much cocaine.  Now they come from reading the blog.  The clinic will have more words about it but so long as they're not go to the E.R. then ok.

No comments: