Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DHL Finds the Lasers - Very Well Done

The dual-beam red lasers that seemed lost to Needville, TX, are not really lost.  DHL could not have been cooler in tracing what happened and the hell of it is the lasers are in fookin' Cincinnati waiting to clear customs.  Fookin' Cincinnati.  I am not even believin' this.

I had previously sent emails to the supplier, the clearinghouse, and DHL but not had not received replies to any of them a day later.  At that point it looked like I'm out my dual-beam lasers and I'll still be spending the month eating Wal-Mart french bread.  (Hey, it's a buck a loaf and goes for 2-3 days.)

But then I tried an online chat at DHL and this happened:


Yeidrin: Welcome to DHL Live Chat. How may I assist you today?

you: Hello. Package ***** went to the wrong place.

Yeidrin: Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Yeidrin: I will be glad to help you. May I please have your full name?

(Deleted for brevity)

Yeidrin: I am sorry for the delay. I need some more time to gather the concerned information.

you: ok

Yeidrin: Thank you for waiting.

Yeidrin: Alan, according to the system this shipment had to be delivered at: ***** *****, Needville, *****, Jose L****

Yeidrin: I am really sorry, the address on the waybill is decided by the sender

you: The tracking number given me was from the vendor, AliExpress. I don't see how this confusion can exist.

Yeidrin: In this case, I would recommend you to contact them in order to know if there is a different tracking number for your shipment

Yeidrin: Is there anything else I can help you with?

you: Is there any way to verify Mr L**** got the correct shipment?

Yeidrin: Unfortunately I am unable to confirm you that information.

you: Thank you then

Yeidrin: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

you: no, thank you for your time

Yeidrin: If you can provide the destination postal code, name it was sent to, and approximate ship date I would be happy to search if there is another waybill number for you.

you: *****

you: Alan Fraser

Yeidrin: Do you know the estimated shipping date?

you: shipped Nov 16

Yeidrin: Thank you

Yeidrin: Please hold for a moment while I research this for you.

Yeidrin: Thank you for holding.

Yeidrin: I found a shipment under your name

Yeidrin: The tracking number is: *****

Yeidrin: What are the contents of your shipment?

you: Dual beam red laser for stage application

you: This looks like it is it. Thank you so much!

Yeidrin: According to the system your shipment is in transit

Yeidrin: Please hold for a moment while I research this for you.

you: I see it clearing customs in Cincinnati and then to DFW which is exactly right.

Yeidrin: Thank you for holding. Alan, I see the package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  (Deleted for brevity)

Yeidrin: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

you: This answers my question perfectly. I'm very grateful. Thank you.

Yeidrin: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with?

you: Not today. Thanks again and take care.

Yeidrin: Thank you for contacting DHL Customer Support.

No comments: