Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Going All Out with the Lights and Lasers

The latest thought is to get another American DJ Majestic for about $150 along with the laser.  This will completely screw myself for next month but there's merit in that as no money don't buy no cigarettes.  This is a jerkoff way to do it but if it works why should I argue.

This will take some thought up until tomorrow night.  After I commit there's no back out as there's no-one else here.   There's also no bailout as there's a long line of people ready and willing to (sob) chuck me into a volcano.

I'll review the video again to satisfy myself that is precisely what is needed.  There is no question in my mind of the red lasers as that's absolute.  Everything has to integrate or it's just noise on one frequency or another.

(Ed:  you will smoke instead of eating)

Conceivably true.  I'm also coughing up about six ounces of heavy sticky goo every day.  The incentive to change is strong.  Whether it makes any difference is unknown.


In the video you can see there is a cigarette in the head of the guitar.  That's an obscenely bad habit from many years back.  The reason for mentioning it is the key observation is that I don't smoke it.  There is no chance I can smoke while I play.  In other words, music goes opposite to heavy goo.

There is a day of think time as to whether this will be good strategy and tactics or if it's just being a dumb ass.  There isn't any doubt in my mind the result would be gorgeous and fit precisely to what I mean to paint ... except as I said above in that I'll continue reviewing to determine if it really is a precise fit.

(Time passes)

After watching it several more times it's still not decided.  The effect on the back wall is very good and a second unit would fill it.

(More time passes)

If you want Full Moon crazy electronics, you have to go to China ... so I did.

There's a two-pound moonflower unit (i.e. similar to the color beams going up the back wall) and it's (I think) battery-operated.  That's too much weight and mass to attach to the guitar ... but ... it could serve a highly-visual purpose if attached to the guitar strap where it goes across my back.  This would give the effect of those beams coming up from behind me while I play and moving with me as I go.  This does have merit to me (so long as it really is battery-operated - it was tough to tell) as the effect would be something like an Aztec priest with his feathers.

The most demented unit I saw was a headband ... with about ten green lasers shooting out of it.  That would be as freaky as you could ever want, it adds nothing to the overall concept as what I see is something that would look like somebody is confused between a Crown of Thorns and the Statue of Liberty ... in lasers.  That would be fun but I only see a one-trick pony.  $100 or so for a single video is not going to happen.  It's cool but it's not that cool.


The decision to screw myself for next month is already made.  The only question now is how much.  The Shinp dual-red laser unit is definitely going to happen and I will order it late Tuesday night.

No comments: