Saturday, November 22, 2014

Dancing Around with the Idea of GoFundMe

There has to be a case or it just wastes everyone's time.

So, why should anyone contribute to making the coolest possible video.

The pitch is that I can make video and that shouldn't be tough to accept as I have made some fairly good ones so it seems reasonable that more equipment would make better ones.

But so what.  Why should I pony my hard-earned dollars for that.

Without a personal interest in me and/or my music, I don't see a reason.


Plan B is the state but its investment in art is only for swastikas or modern art so bad that the state is the only outfit that will buy it (e.g. "Law and Society" in Cincinnati).  Send another hundred fifty-foot US flags to Texas and make it look like Christo ordered them.  State art.


I bet it wasn't even half an hour after I made the order for the lights that the Texas Tallboy said they signed the papers today and the renter wants immediate occupation.  Well.


Total Isolation attracts me like an anechoic chamber but it doesn't happen yet.  In a relatively short time I will be able to play at any time of the night without disturbing anyone.  No world will exist other than the one I choose to create and that may well go back to GoFundMe as I have no reason to reveal it except to a few I know will understand it.


Epiphany:  private videos.  Access becomes the premium to 'good guys' who support the campaign.

Epiphany No. 2:  Reverend Sasquatch may have to do a set a la "Blazing Saddles" as the saxophone sound on the synth is awful ... but ... it would work well for the cause of musical flatulence.  I can cut the voice in and out from a switch on the guitar body so this could make some major cowboy music.  (Yes, I know this is a time-wasting bad idea but it still could be funny to watch.  I'm damned if I'll pony up money for a cowboy hat, tho.)

Note:  I'm not the third gay country singer coming out for the week.  My bet for the trifecta is still Brad Keselowski.

(Ed:  he can't sing)

Right.  He can't drive either.


(Ed:  what about the medical?)

It gets no better.  Doc screwed his heart but he gets good care.  Tinkerbell may have turned south but she's tough and I don't think she will beat me either.  Lotho is working on a cardiac but doesn't say anything and Queen Bee is pretty tough to kill.  Unclear what she did different but quitting smoking was definitely one thing.  Another thing is staying out of New England.  Two Frasers up there and two Frasers down, one hard and one very hard.  That didn't happen to any of the others as the family rarely gets sick in those kinds of ways.  We break bones a lot but not stuff like New England.

So, yah, don't smoke and stay out of New England.  That's the ticket.

No comments: