Sunday, November 30, 2014

Menu of Stolen Sci-Fi for this Evening

My first Quest tonight is for Groot's parents. I did watch the rest of "Guardians of the Galaxy" and my rating is still Suitable Only for Giraffes but the dialog from the Raccoon was funny and Vin Diesel is very funny. Who knew he did funny.

You realize logically Groot must have parents so where are they ... 



My Quest will take me from Crap (as above) to Complete Crap as in "Village of the Damned" or possibly to "Fahrenheit 451" which is highly-topical but watching is mostly because Julie Christie is in it.


(Ed:  what about the lights?)

I'm not avoiding 'shut up and play,' I'm avoiding a gigantic cable pain in the ass.  There are three devices not cabled for DMX, four if you count the fogger.

On the light rack, #1 needs to cable to #3 and that's not hideous but #3 needs to cable to #7 which is somewhat hideous.  #7 has a run of about three meters to a floor light which also needs to be controlled and that part is obscene as it's just one more ugly-ass wire on a floor full of them.  To even see this stuff, I need a fifty cm (i.e. about two feet) brute of a torch (i.e. flashlight).  This will wait for daylight as I don't want to do it anyway.

Onward to the killer trees.

No comments: