Sunday, November 9, 2014

Zatarain's Dirty Rice - Po' Folks Favorite

New Orleans Dirty Rice is some great-tastin' stuff and it makes one mountain of food out of a pound of burger meat ... or burger meat before the bread crumbs.

The mix is not much plus five or six bucks for a pound of burger and it's less than a Big Mac at McDonald's if you get fries with it.  The difference is that this tastes one hell of a lot better ... and ... it'll feed you for a week.

Brown the burger meat and boil it up with the rice for twenty-five.  Going to McDonald's should be easier than that?  The only thing easier than that is doing nothing at all.

There's also a Jambalaya mix but that one is more for sausage or so.

The trouble with most Yankee food is it has no taste.  Zatarain's has a great spicy zing to it.  Oh yah.  And for cheap.  How would I not love this stuff.


I know the Mystery Lady is onto this stuff ... but ... get this ... she's the same one who can make a meal out of pork and apricots over rice.  If you don't believe that can work then you have obviously never met the Mystery Lady as this idea is deliciously delicious.


As to why should I write this ... I have five more minutes until the rice is ready and I can smell the mix.  Damn fine.  I so much wish I could be waiting in a line at McDonald's (sob).

I don't care about GMO stuff in McD food but I do know it makes you big as the Hindenberg and then you blow up.  I don't want to be as big as the Hindenberg and then blow up.

Americans are tortured by food terrorists all the time as you'll drive past many fast food joints on the way to a market.  The more the markets get consolidated, the more fast food joints between you and any kind of healthy food.

To some extent, I do believe it that fat people are victimized by this.  That it's easy for me to stay out of McD doesn't make it easy for everyone.  If you're fat, that shite is fookin' heroin.


Bell Rings

Yep, this stuff is damn good.  I don't particularly like food but I do like this.  If it don't got that swing ... then I ain't goin' fookin' eat it.  Ha.

No comments: