Thursday, November 20, 2014

Status of the Purple Guitar Picks

The Fender logo on the Purple 351 pick is surprisingly resilient as I just checked the one I've been using the last few days and it's still a virgin.  The fade hasn't faded at all.

To complete the t-shirt trade with Laughing Gecko, I need to send back guitar picks that really have been used and that's easy for the ones I've used since I was a wee lad but the newfangled purple ones seem like they may (gasp) be better.

So that's the status.  I'm trying to complete this deal but the paint won't come off!

Plan B is to use a couple in recording "The Laughing Gecko Song" and send those even if the paint doesn't come off.

It's pitiful as there was a time when I'd break half a dozen picks in a set because my thinking has been and remains that it's always better to break picks than strings.

No comments: