Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Somebody Gets it Right with Valerie Fraser, Artist

Valerie Fraser, Abstrakt Künstler in Ölfarbe (Deutsch / English) is in the sidebar and you can see it at the top of the list of big hitters for the week.  That's good as that means people who have not seen it will see it listed there and maybe wonder, hmm, what did I miss.

The reason this is interesting is that page wasn't getting all that many hits.  It did at one time but they taper off ... unless you're talking about Euros getting eaten by sharks as people will come back to that topic forever.

So the page wasn't getting that many hits anymore ... but ... a couple of days ago there was a blast of them that came in exceptionally quickly.  I don't know who, what, where generated all those hits but the effect of them was that Valerie Fraser, Abstrakt Künstler in Ölfarbe (Deutsch / English) popped to the list of the big hitters for the week.

There's nothing wrong with that and, in fact, I think it was clever as now it's up there it will tend to stay there because it will make people curious why other people found it interesting.

I tell you straight that I didn't do it.  What I did do was, after seeing it, I went to the page myself to verify there's a good link from it to the actual Valerie Fraser, Artist site.  If you go there, contact her and encourage her to get her ass painting again.  The verb 'to be' does not have a past tense for artists.  You are or you aren't.  Paint, girl.


There is some confusion in the background on this site but that will get resolved.  There's a 'bad guy' floating around but it ain't me and it also ain't Lotho.  It also might not be a person as this is all I'm going to tell you.  What you can do is encourage her to get to work painting.

There's a bit of confusion in my family and here's an example of it:  my sister said today on Facebook, 'Michael Brown wants to know his name.'

I replied, 'Michael Brown.'

She didn't say anything.

No comments: