Monday, November 17, 2014

"The Cat in the Space Between Things" - Part II (original plus edits)

The space between things
fills with what we are
and what we hope to be.

It's really not so far
It's everything you can see

But it's easy to look forward
and not see anything at all
--- when you only want the money
It's the same looking backward
--- and forget about your call.
when you forget about your call.

The space between us isn't empty
it's the circus in our dreams
--- Send your love toward the Center
--- and in love it fills us all
It's finally a real world
where things are what they seem.
--- it's the bridge to the world of rainbows
There's a bridge to this world of rainbows
+++ a bridge anyone can walk
a bridge for all the wretched
and those who would be free
+++ a bridge for all the hopeless
+++ a crossing for those who see

+++
I know that here I'll find her
She's somewhere in the mist
I can feel her gentle presence
I can taste her tender kiss.

She runs through fields of butterflies
with flowers I've never seen
This is the place I'd lost searching
This place I've never been.

The sun shines as if forever
but it doesn't matter now.
I can see her coming closer
and I feel the urge to bow
to the spirits who have led me
to all the places I have been
and all of that to show me
where I am just now.

And now she stands before me
This is finally what I've sought
If I had come here on my own
it would have been for naught.
There's nothing without sharing
as every bubble bursts
but here we drink the passion
at last to slake that long-dry thirst.
+++

Freedom!


The above is the original in "The Space Between Things" I did some while ago.  However that does not work in the new version as I did not find Cat.  I know I will find Cat because I wrote the story and I am damn sure going to find her.

So version two of the lyrics will come.  Part of that will be figuring out wtf it means to 'send your love toward the Center.'  wtf is that?

No comments: