Friday, November 21, 2014

Debating GoFundMe to Make this Work

The problem to solve is how to create the best possible video without a studio, a green screen, or any of the facilities typically used for production videos.  The question is what is needed for the highest possible quality at the lowest possible cost while still achieving what I seek to portray.

There is one year to solve this as I will be forced onto Medicare at sixty-five and the cost of it will be deducted from what I get from Social Security.  There is no possible way of surviving on that so I've got a year to pull this off.


The American DJ Majestic is $170 US at most places and eBay is useless as I reviewed all the examples on offer there just now and the prices were worse on the lot.  In one example, they offered a package deal on four of them ... for $799 ... or buy them separately from zZounds and save $120.  So, eBay is useless for this.

The Majestic is mandatory as it completes a pattern begun by the other one.  I can do this if I want to do another month on french bread.  There are still almost three weeks to go so I haven't exactly survived this one yet.  It has very high effect for relatively low dollars so this one is mandatory for December.


Where it gets to GoFundMe is if there are additional lasers for making what is, in effect, a crossfire over multiple visual planes and for the additional camera needed to adequately film it.  To shoot anything adequately really requires a minimum of three but two would provide good dynamic interest.  A decent HD camera is about $1000 US although likely they're cheaper these days, they are definitely not cheap.  (Canon HF-G20 is $899 at Adorama.  I didn't research beyond that.  The one here now is a Canon HF-G10 but they don't make them anymore.  The G20 looks like the same model plus improvements.)

The question is whether a video I make is worth that kind of money.  Maybe I will shoot some more and see what I think of them.


Right now the best move is to take it easy as then maybe I can play a bit tonight at the Circus.

No comments: