Friday, November 14, 2014

Everybody Loves Eponine ... and Lea Salonga (video)

There's some guy, Raymond, they say everybody loves.  I have no idea who he is but I'm sure everyone loves Eponine, the greatest tragic heroine ever.  And such a voice.  Lea Salonga.





Warning:  Eponine death scene in "Les Miserables."  Have Kleenex available.





"Movie in my Mind" - Miss Saigon





Warning:  The all-time tearjerker, "I Still Believe" from Miss Saigon.  There are many covers but taking it out of context is commercial rape.




I've seen these on Broadway and "Les Mis" multiple times.  I hope someday you will do the same and specifically on Broadway as they changed my musical life immensely.  It doesn't have to be ridiculously expensive as you don't go to the Square, instead go the box office and ask what they have for cash for tonight.  I ended up in the first or second row multiple times that way and paying no more than face value for the ticket.

You have to be flexible as it won't always work.  If you have, say, three plays that would be strong contenders, try the box offices for them in order from best pick down and take whichever one has tickets.  You can always go to the Square but you will probably get tickets to sit on the roof.

No comments: