Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Blog is in the Hunt for a Quarter of a Million Hits

That milestone will be passed in the next day or two so that means I've spread one hell of a lot of liberal contagion and I should be murdered.

Frequently there is banter with a lunatic (i.e. conservative) friend and we were talking about dealing with the War on Drugs, my position being that it's moved from an expensive failure to a complete catastrophe when we see cities burning.  His position was that capital punishment solves problems with dope dealers.

My response was that southeast Asia is the most prolific source of heroin on the planet and every country in the area has the death penalty for trafficking.  It's been a peach of a success down there.

Undeterred he said the response has not been aggressive enough and capital punishment should be applied as pervasively as necessary to stop the problem.  I suggested that a population of millions in heroin addicts alone means that killing them will get you a place in the books ... right alongside Eichmann.

My position remains unchanged in expectation of the legalization of all drugs and deal with the problem with education.  The logic is to kill the profit incentive while at the same time addressing the curiosity.  Drugs will become a whole lot less attractive without the romance of gangsta life.

There is no compromise but that's alright as the positions need to be expressed so I know it's important to continue spreading my liberal contagion.  Thanks for your assistance in spreading that contagion and hopefully you will continue to do so.

As to what's coming up in the blog, how should I know ... I just write it.

No comments: