Sunday, November 23, 2014

Canon HF-G10 Refurb vs Canon HF-G20

The HF-G10 camera is excellent and I have used one many times but it does not seem to be in-production any longer.  A refurb model can be bought from Canon for $799.

You can get a new HF-G20 for $899 from Adorama.  (I've done business with Adorama and you're safe dealing with them.)

Shrug ... I don't see the value in the refurb when you compare them.


Or there's an HF-G10 on eBay currently showing $402.  Unknown what happens between now and closing.

Update: I don't follow eBay but I thought I'd check the close price on the above.  Final was $513 which is a pretty good price.  It's not an excellent price as that would include maybe a mike and / or light for say $450.  I'd consider that an excellent price and would not go much higher.


Other than dropping an HF-G10, it would be tough to break it.  Even so, I would be leery of getting any camera used.  Your call.


Who knows, maybe you're a shopper this season.  I do a lot of video and the HF-G10 is a good HD cam at a price that doesn't take you into the stratospheric costs of the ultimate cams.  I've used one a lot and will again the next time I shoot a video.

No comments: