Wednesday, July 26, 2017

"It's What You Want to Do" #Poetry

There was a bitch of a night
and comes a bitch of a day
but there's not much more to it
so what should I say
except keep jammin', jammin', jammin'
when Sister Morphine is callin'
she says, "You'll feel so much better,"
but I know she's only ballin'

Lady Nicotine just there
is every moment on to sing
"I love you.  I will help you."
It's just the same goddamned thing
Those whore dogs from the high town
sing as Sirens from the rocks
"We don't want your heart
we only want your cock"

You just set it right up there
and listen to me sing
I'll remove that motherfucker
and you won't feel a thing
after that you can know my mercies
since I can ease your pain
so have a smoke and toot some coke
while you hear my sweet refrain

I love you.  I will help you.
I am here to get you through
The Now is my price for soma
and that much you can do

I love you.  I will help you.
I am here to get you through
You won't have to think anymore
until there's nothing left of you

- Colonel Arbuthnot Jones

No comments: