Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Meta-Narcissism and the Electronic Dagwood

Meta-narcissism is looking at it in yourself but it's the same as meta-pedophilia because it's something you probably ought to know about yourself.  I don't see any narcissism in saying this poem isn't too bad as it better be or why release it.  The narcissism is listening to myself and loving on this electronic Dagwood I made.  I do that a few times because I need to hear in it, yah, this one's not too bad.  After that I usually don't listen to any of the stuff anymore. That's when the really groovy part comes in hustling it in the hope someone else will like it.



The first shot at any reading is the performance was in a bloody derivative style.  You're not worth a hair that falls from Richard Burton's balls.

It's not knocking off Burton and I'm listening for it.  He tended exaggerate the first syllable of a word and that gave a characteristic style ... but he owns it.  You might as well cover at Elvis at the Circus. You will get murdered for it.

So, hope you like it.


I mention Burton, naturally, because of his world-renowned skill in poetic reading, panty removal, and consumption of massive amounts of alcohol.  Richard Burton, Peter O'Toole, and one other went out drinking in London and were still at it when they turned up in Rome, via who knows what drunken passage, three days later.

No comments: