Monday, August 24, 2015

Where Have All the Pictures Gone, Long Time Snapping

The Queen Bee let me know my photo albums are stored in Cincinnati.  She knows I appreciate the offer but I don't want them shipped down here.  The reason for mentioning is I would get furious about you all stealing the pics I'd snap of your kids ... but you did it anyway.  Now you've got all of them and you wonder what to do.  Sure, I find some amusement in that and hopefully you won't mind.

One aspect of that is good as there couldn't possibly be any perv pics as you would have seen them before I did when you ripped off the others (larfs).

The biggest variable is what became of the portrait the Mystery Lady did of Anne.  After family losses of recent years, I have not asked but I do want it known it's my specific wish the painting should wind up with either of my sisters and they can slug out which one.  Secondarily it could go to my brothers and they can slug it out but the first landing place should be with Queen Bee or Tinkerbell.  There's no reason to say why as you already know why.

There are two paintings by Alex which have been nearby ever since he painted them and those are a great loss.  One is an emerald city (abstract) over a dark background and that hung over the computer for many, many years.  That one I think I miss most of all.

He never thought anyone liked his stuff either, that neurotic old fuck (larfs).  Can't imagine where I learned it.


None of the stuff should be shipped to me and I appreciate the thought in advance but this is family archive material.  My only concern is the stuff does not get lost as it's all irreplaceable.



Update:

I was not specific about the paintings and that's not fair as it leaves room for argument.  My preference, as opposed to rigid request, is this: there are two painters in the current generation and one in the previous so whomever is actively painting now or recently should have them.

Maybe others didn't see so much of it as Alex was painting on everything.  If he had no money for canvas then he would use those awful canvas boards which bend like hell when the paint dries.  If not then black and whites on any loose notebook paper, anything.

So, whomever is actively painting just now should have them.  That one understands obsession the best.


Also, if you did paint and don't paint now, here's a prescription for a remedial viewing of "The Horse's Mouth" as that wasn't Kirk Douglas playing van Gogh but rather Alec Guinness playing a twisted old bum on a houseboat.  It's a B&W Brit comedy but it's not even pretending to be something for the Royal Family.  For complete comedy mayhem, imagine Alec Guinness working with the Marx Brothers.  The world would never have been the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how you gave them those pictures at the time but now they are stealing them. I am glad I have none of your pictures
The Emerald City painting with the bamboo background is hanging in my living room now

Unknown said...

Lighten up. They were snagged when we were kids. I'd put them in a scrapbook and look again later. Presto, gone. It was funny and flattering. Please do try to get a grip as you're pissing yourself off over nothing.

I'm not really sure which one you are but I'm glad to hear it's where it needs to be. I love that painting dearly and it's so Alex.

The biggest problem is how to straighten that canvas board but I don't think it could handle it. I thought about it every so often but I suspect the paint would crack.