Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Spending Time with Mirrors or in Them

There's one sure away to amuse someone who is trippin':  give him a mirror.  He'll be playing with it all night and every so often he will look up, all dazzled, and say, "Wow, man.  Did you see that?"

That's your cue to say, "No, I didn't see that but I do see the big fucking polar bear behind you that's going to bite your ass!"

He will run through the front door just like the cartoons in which they do not open the door first.  Hell no, just blast right through it.


Sometimes it works the other way around as I remember Trippin' Guy saying to Straight Guy, "It's acid, man.  I see all these spiders walking up and down my arm.  Isn't that wild?"

Straight Guy's skin starts crawling just thinking about it and he says to me as if Trippin' Guy can't hear him, "Why does he does this?"

So I tell him, "I dunno, man.  Maybe he likes spiders or, well, maybe spiders like him."

Trippin' Guy is smilin'.  Another soul saved from LSD as there is no possible way Straight Guy will ever try it now.

Meanwhile, he's giving me the signal, Watch Out for the Polar Bear.


There are rare moments which come from such endeavors.  For example, my brother, his friend, and I were up in trees in a park and throwing these odd melon things at each other like they were cannonballs.  That aspect isn't so much what it makes it rare nor is it that the time was two or three in the morning.  What made the moment rare was when the police arrived.

What are you in for, Gus?

Illegal melon-throwing.


If you're feeling really juvenile, which we often did, there's always an outdoor concert in the park on a Summer evening.  Cops would be there for traffic management and your evening safety.  Of course we had reefer, the music requires it.

So you go down low, light the joint for long enough to take a tok from it, and then put it right back out again so cops can't see the glow.

Come back up and blow out the smoke.  It's dark so they can't see the source and they start scampering around all over the place to bust the Mafia in their midst.

There's reefer here.  I smell reefer.

You can't stay in the same place as they will triangulate but keep moving and keep doing that.  Continue until all are adequately buzzed or you judge the cops are too pissed to continue.


As far as I know, no-one ever got busted and all of us were young lawbreakers but we didn't break really bad ones, we just liked getting hammered and throwing melons, whatever the particular circumstance required.  We sneaked into concerts if we could get away with it but didn't really cut it as criminals.

There's the moment when you're trippin' for Genesis as of course you are.  If you don't trip for anyone else you need to for them.

Phil Collins sings of a Musical Box and they put him in one ... with lasers.  Jeebers, they've got him.

But there was a more dynamic box as taking dates to concerts isn't such a good idea and doing it when you're trippin' probably constitutes a really bad idea because we were and she wasn't.  We, as in my brother and I, and she was his date.

The point this reaches Really Unusual is after the concert when you realize your trip timing has not been precisely accurate and both of us were trippin' balls.  The Date does not know and it's important she does not discover he poisons his body with heathen chemicals.

Driving home under this circumstance would seem formidable but my brother could see I would watch out for giant polar bears and I was really feeling some strong Saturn Rays so I'm thinking, yeah, I got this, Polar Bear Man.

And Saturn was right.  We lost no-one to Giant Polar Bears that night.


If it occurs to you, why is this guy still alive ... yah, surprises me too.


(Ed:  wtf are Saturn Rays?)

Saturn Rays are produced by an extraordinary phenomenon of physics known as the quarternary interluxular progression.  The phenomenon comes when a massive number of objects such as those in the rings of Saturn which are in continuous gravitic contact with one another thus generating a harmonic on a frequency with sometimes magical properties.

(Ed:  isn't this imitating Vonnegut?)

Yes.  Shamelessness is not a problem.  But I'm beautiful in the water.

Note: yep, stole that too.

No comments: