Wednesday, August 26, 2015

How Miracles Were Hijacked by the Church

The good Reverend Silas T Sasquatch has an explanation for miracles and it doesn't involve God because there is no evidence God has anything to do them.  That's only the assumption made by the church and no-one has questioned it but there's no reason to assume God even knew about them.

The object isn't to get polytheistic and get pagan with a bunch of drunken naked savages, although it wouldn't be too bad hanging with witches in the forest when they do that and dance at midnight.

There are multiple examples in my life in which things are so improbable that no logical explanation covers them or even illogical insofar as, man, that was wild coincidence.  In one observation, by all rights my sister and her son should have died in the incident but the punch line is it's now thirty-five years later and both are fine.  If this had been a dumb luck situation such as when I have survived insane motorcycle crashes, that's no miracle.  They survived through a combination of improbable things and these go beyond the explanation of probability and statistics.

Where probability and statistics evaporate altogether is this was not the only time something extraordinary of this nature happened with her.

The story won't be told here as you'll need to watch to catch that one.  It's a good story and I've no doubt I can make it funny because it's absolutely ludicrous.  The punch line is grand and that is one dead certain promise.  The immediate reaction is you won't believe but it's true nevertheless.

(Ed:  does this involve space aliens?)

No.  I will work space aliens into the show somehow but I don't have an immediate angle on doing that.

Epiphany:  Barry White is the Voice of God.  The vocal effects box only needs to move a bit to let me kick it to switch instantly.  Bill Cosby did this with Noah and of course God was doing it just to see if he could get Noah to do it.  "Noah?"

"Noah, can you hear me?"

(Ed:  now you steal from "Wizard of Oz")

Shameless, isn't it.


(Ed:  is this about writing a book?)

Well, well, I see Dad got you a telescope.  This isn't about writing a book but rather it is writing a book.  The show is the book and I've written several non-traditional books (i.e. digital) in text format but that's dry like the desert, kind of cool for accomplishment but really not so fulfilling for me.

The books will play into the show and mention of the poetry book is just a plug for relevant material but "Abandoning Paradise" is immediately germane.  In abandoning Paradise (i.e. Greece), it was a grand adventure getting from there to Scotland which turned out to be a disaster in the end.  The book covers it all but I don't like the end of it.  I don't like what became of the situation and I don't like what became of myself.  However, it's appropriate in the general context of spirituality as after abandoning Paradise what else would you expect to happen.  At the end of it I was snorting heroin off a tabletop and that's a guaranteed hellbound train.  (I'm not even close to an addict and never did it again.  It wasn't clear during that experience whether I would ever do anything again.)


The biggest concern is in becoming pedantic with this and that's hugely-dependent on delivery.  My ol' Dad was an excellent teacher and I watched that style.  He was excellent like Peter O'Toole in "Goodbye, Mister Chips" as students would contact he and my ol' Mother long after they had graduated and had gone on to becoming doctors.  My ol' Mother remembered them on a more personal level as all of them knew her too.  She would cue my ol' Dad to remind him and then it would come back.  That's not absent-mindedness but rather many years of marriage.


(Ed:  what are you teaching?)

That it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be afraid of the God who invented frogs.

Note:  must remember that one!  It's against the rules to make notes of that nature.  Maybe that's being too hard-ass but my ol' Dad was live when he was teaching.  He never used notes.

(Ed:  competing with your ol' Dad?)

Sure, everyone does ... but I'm funnier than he was.  Maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody knows James Brown leads the choir and James Earl Jones is the voice of God

Unknown said...

Let's see, let's see ... if I twist the knobs a little bit then maybe I can make a James Earl Jones. It's like Photoshop with sound as anything can be as (cough) real as you want it!