Saturday, August 22, 2015

"Logic in an Illogical World" (poem)

Makes no sense whatsoever
as he always will believe what he believes
but then he grieves
wipes his nose on his sleeve
and asks me, is it real.

What's real is your shirt
and now you'll need to clean it
but that's going to be a problem
because the Chinaman went on home.

Just then he starts to speaking
in some language no-one understands
He says this way he talks to God
and it's the only way he can
He prays for his God
to bring another shirt.

He won't get a shirt
God isn't coming
You fucking killed his kid and have a nerve to ask
Could you help me now
Would you help me now
Can you make of everything the dreams I've always held
for myself.

He's weeping and it's annoying
I cannot stand his girlish crying
He grieves
He weeps
He wails and he leaps
My God, show yourself to me
He begs, he pleads, he screams
then he falls to the ground, prostrate in the mud
but God doesn't come
and he doesn't understand.

Perhaps I should have told him
but his whimpering annoys me
If he were of any consequence he would stand up like a man
if he can
when he can
but I won't wait,
I have no time
Many things are on my mind

But still this wretch is crying
and who can walk away
because the day will get no brighter
now that his is torn away.

No comments: