Wednesday, August 26, 2015

What About the Music

There is no attitude or any more than any other time but there are various problems.  It's not important to document what they are as the only point is it would be happening if it were possible to do it.  My personal discouragement over its value has not in any way resulted in a diminution of the desire to do it.

Music is better than sex and it always has been.  Music is for the purpose of getting sex but sex can't possibly replace it as that's a logical impossibility.  If you need the music to get the sex then the music will stop if sex is better ... it's not.

(Ed:  maybe not for you!)

Yah, yah, big talk, Cabron.


Yesterday I wrote about how most or all poetry is written for the purpose of getting sex and Shakespeare was notorious for it.  However, even he couldn't compete with the singer or the sax man as there's a girl waiting for those boys as soon as they come off the stage.  Guitar guys will do ok but you have to convince her you can do to her what the sax man does to that saxophone ... or just get in line behind him and see if any girls are still around when he's gone.

Perhaps you could try the sissy approach and say, "But, girl, you saw my fingers dancing around the neck of the guitar, right?"

She says, "Oh yes, and my mind sees what else they may do ... but ... the sax man, he controls the sound a lot with his tongue, does he not?"

No need to answer, boy.  Just get in line behind the sax man.  Maybe someone will be left who takes pity on you.

Plan B is to go outside with the bass player and the drummer who never get laid anyway and who want to blow some grass so you all put on the hard-ass rock band look:  I don't want a woman.  I don't want fuckin' anything.  I often like to eat lizards and snakes ... raw.

(Ed:  wtf?)

You don't get it?  Take a look at any album cover back to 1962.

Note to kids:  albums contained records with much higher-quality music than one can buy today and which had large pictures of the bands on the covers.  All of them invariably looked like they ate raw lizards and snakes.

(Ed:  higher quality?)

One Direction.  I rest my case.

Modern is re-defined as 'aggressively trivial' (i.e. One Direction, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc, etc).


"Pigment of My Fascination" - Silas Scarborough - CD - Check it out on SoundCloud as all of the songs are on there.  Don't buy 'em if you don't like 'em.  There's not a lot of risk in this as I won't ever know you didn't buy it so my day doesn't get darker and it's free unless you decide to buy a track so, in the estimation of the advisors here at the Rockhouse, we see this as somewhat less risky than jumping into a pool teeming with angry, hungry alligators.

(Ed:  is that aggressively trivial?)

Nah, experience means I can make it trivial without even breaking a sweat.

If my Big Hit is on it then "It's for You" is the one.

Any time I fly,
and if I were to die,
it's for you.

No comments: