Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's Hot on the Blog - All-Time

EntryPageviews
7192
6868
Feb 25, 2013, 3 comments
3211
2738
Jan 25, 2013, 1 comment
2045
Oct 4, 2013
1733
1459
1366
684
529

These give a perspective on the contents which recent arrivals couldn't possibly have.  A large part of the story was in Greece and Cat got to talking about sharks because I was living in Katakolon on the West coast of the Peloponnese (i.e. lower half with Athens).  Maybe you think there are no Great White Sharks in the Med but you would be exceptionally wrong.  They not only visit there, they have a breeding population living there.

In the top two articles, there's lots of information as Euros are terrified of sharks and, you can see from the numbers, they flocked to the articles ... but ... there's one key detail:  people are very, very rarely bitten by sharks in the Med.  It's happened maybe ten or twelve times in a century.  You've got a bigger risk that a bowling ball will jump off the floor and land on your head.

So I laugh every time I see people going to those articles because they read them to this day.


The MAP tab over the blog will show most of the travels.  It's been twisted.


Evolution of Eohippus is fascinating to me as it's not advanced science but it's not simple either and it was accepted well.  I like to believe it's an even-handed review of the horse from the size of a dog to its size today and it's interesting because that is one of the most perfectly complete fossil records in the possession of science.


The next two are in German and I do take some pride that some I wrote it that language made the list.  I'm not at all fluent and I struggle ... aber ich versuche (but I try).  They have translations to English and one is about Greek Highway Monuments while the other is about Cruising Katakolon in the rain (possibly a problem when one only rides a scooter ... as I did).


So it continues on varying themes but the real pride is "The Eleven Children" poem made the list.  Writing anything deliberately sweet is highly border-line as you only have to slip by a millimeter and it becomes sugar-sweet and only fit for ants.  That doesn't mean this is better poetry but rather the topic is extremely unforgiving.  It does make me smile seeing that one hit it.


Jeff the Diseased Lung is a continuation of a John Oliver protest.  It seems to be continuing it just fine.  When I added a pic of Diane Kruger to the image I thought it might boost interest.  It did.

No comments: