Friday, August 28, 2015

"Swing Heil" is a Swing Tune Based on the "Swing Kids" Movie - Updated

As they take him off to the labor camp, the kid has his arm in the air to his little brother, "Swing Heil!"

"Swing Heil" isn't recorded as it didn't exist until a few minutes ago when it evolved as some kind of swingin' Django thing.  This is the second time today I'm busted for failing to record but I have half a cop as I wanted to play in SL and anything happening there would be recorded.  That didn't happen and I didn't record either so I have been advised you are falling down on the job, Silas.

Dat's a fact as it's got a good beat and it does hop.  Whether I can give it any significant Django is one thing but giving it any kind of Django feels pretty good.


"Swing Heil" is germane to the moment as all the politicians come on like your friend.  Just call me Hillary, baby.  The state is not anyone's friend and never was.  It's just a huge blob of typewriters and guns.

The growing reverence for the state and the sanctity of its edicts is really appalling as this is not Jefferson.  So throw in a Swing Heil from him as well.  He in no way worshipped the state.  If he ever worshipped anything it was the document which founded it.


The playing is unpredictable due to variables not fully explainable just now.  If the opportunity is in front of me, I take it.


Update:

First take was recorded at the Circus a little while ago.  It's not going to be released but it must have meant some kinda thing as it did have that swang.  It's a highly different style and one I have always admired so it feels good screwing around with it.  A swing beat ... are you serious.  Apparently so.

I want more groovulosity as you need to show respect for swing dancers.  Nobody ever shakes it like they did.


Note:  Swing Heil is real.  The kids resisted the NAZI domination of swing music when they considered it music from lower races.  The kids danced and the NAZIs beat them for it and / or sent them off to work camps.  This tune has to show all respect for those kids.  They went up against NAZIs with nothing more than music and dance.

No comments: