Saturday, August 22, 2015

And it Went Jingo, Django, Jingo

Jingoism:  blind faith in a flag.  My country, right or wrong.  It's as shallow as the angelfish found the Sahara.


Everything jingoism is not:




This is Django and, amazingly enough, this has nothing to do with simple, tunnel vision either.



Stephane Grappelli is not a name one hears so often but he was the Jazz King of Violin long, long before Jean Luc Ponty.  That those jams still exist so many years later shows some of the coolness of what they must have been at the time.  My ol' Dad introduced me to his music years back and I was impressed but it wasn't what I wanted to do.  Plus it was too far from the major psychedelics ubiquitous at the time, at least in my life.  Lots of people on Facebook claim that life but I didn't see them.


Then it went jingo, Django, jingo
and they didn't understand
but they don't know Xandernichting
with his bow in his hand
If then they think Grappelli
soon Django comes to mind
and how about we find Voodoo,
to find if he has time.


That's today's Big Dream:  Voodoo Shilton and Xandernichting Writer doing Django and Stephane only with their own music in a now vibe from grooves from their own demented lives.

And, just to blow your cork into another dimension, Voodoo has more fingers and Xander has more strings.  (I'm not positive but it seems I heard five-string violin somewhere.  Not precisely sure if that's something I confabulated.)

Note:  that sounded Frankenstein but Django couldn't use all his fingers and I have not researched why.  That's recalled in "Swing Kids" when they broke the hand of Arvin the Django Man.

What I do know is Xandernichting played a huge international sports festival in Indonesia or someplace and was magnificent.  Lose the thinking that musicians in Second Life are a bunch of amateurs as that's rubbish.  Some are, many are not.

It's possible these two have already played together as I have not asked but this is another Dream Date I have.  If they ever do it, don't miss it.


In fact, there's a Plan "B" as there's a hippie girl down here in Texas who painted her violin and it looks the way Janis Joplin's car looked.

How does that go for the Big Dream Date if Hippie Girl Beth jams with Voodoo and FunkyFreddy.  I don't know she leans toward jazz as I've heard her more in pop / country / rock songs but set her on JamAtomic and she will play all night.  She loves to jam.


Emphasizing again, this is all VAPOR.  Sonya Jevette said she would like to do it but the support for it I'm seeing is zero.  Nevertheless, all dreams look crazy to others ... until they see them ... and then they know they're crazy ... but sometimes not.


None of this is going to happen

the child is grown
the dream is gone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Django lost a couple of fingers of his left hand when his caravan caught fire, somewhere in 1928.

Unknown said...

Thank you. Astounding what he did in spite of that fact and how it must have crushed him when it happened. That cat was a walking triumph!