Friday, May 1, 2015

iMac Cracks Up on Yosemite 10.10.3 - Live from the Laptop with God and Taylor Swift

After three tries with SMC reset, the iMac restarted again.  If it goes an hour before crashing again, I'll be surprised.

So.  The iMac will be shut down until some sensible disposition for the problem is discovered.  The laptop will be swapped back as the primary and this is hugely limiting but at least it's connectivity.

My thinking is to take the iMac to the Apple Store and, ok, you tell me.  The problem is it goes with live data as in not-backed up.

(Interruption for yet another iMac crash.  That article was at most five minutes into it after coming back up and, whammo, it's down again)

The iMac is now shut down and on the floor.  The laptop is now the primary.

In-between the crash of the iMac and the startup of the laptop, there was time for some Pre-Apple Elimination jams as in music that doesn't need a computer for any damn thing.  It was a good vibe even if it wasn't hard-core and felt good to play.  Sometimes it doesn't have to be more than ice cream as when you play it will melt at whatever rate you like.


Update on "Pigment of My Fascination" CD

The CD did make it as intended, true enough.  This started as the Sister Julie Project and she's Sister Julie because that's SL code for we don't bone.  She has done some highly sweet sisterly stuff, tho.  I'd hate like hell to forget to say that.

So, the CD did make it as intended and that sure enough.  However, it's also true that it was mangled all to hell and useless.

But it's understandable.  It has a song, Sister Julie's favorite, "Ice Cream Blues" and the theme of it is time melts like an ice cream.  With each new day, you know all the more it is true.

However, God hears this and thinks, well, I've been here for a trillion years or so and I'll tell you time doesn't melt at all, Mister Too Big for your Guitar Britches.

So then I have to consider to myself.  Do I really think I can handle a discussion of existentialism with God.  It would be like telling him an elephant joke after he's been hearing them for a trillion years.

There was only one thing to do so I said, "So, you wanna smoke a joint, man?"

I should emphasize I don't buy this God-fearing business.  I do not understand being afraid of someone who made a platypus.

So we smoked for a while and I asked him, "Man, what's up with Taylor Swift?  Why did you do that?"

He told me to relax.  Little girls need to dream of growing up to be horrors like Taylor Swift so they can replace her when she grows and turns into a real singer ... or she doesn't.

I was shocked and said, "Wow!  It sounds like you believe in evolution!"

He roars laughing and says, "Dude, who do you think invented it."

No comments: