Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Strangest Gig of All-Time

The show happened tonight and I screwed up the timing so I was late.  Fortunately I was online so I could go over there and start up relatively quickly.

There was almost no reaction on getting there and I thought, hmm, this is unusual.  It was also very hard to get a confirmation that anyone could hear the stream.  As far as I could tell hardly anyone was listening to it.

The reason for going there was Grateful asked me to play but even he didn't say anything.  I figured, ok, he must be in Voice with BuffaloMike talking about football or something.

"The Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song" went up first and that seemed ok.  It might be cool for the podcast.  What was strange was that I ended it and nothing happened as in complete zero.  I sent a message to BuffaloMike to ask if I'm crashed as you can appear to be logged in even when you're not.  He said yes but if he got the message then obviously I'm not.  He suggested restarting.  I didn't say anything but thought, well, thanks for that inspiration.

BuffaloMike's squeeze (currency unknown) is the one who organized the SL music in Dallas when my stuff got stolen.  It didn't surprise me that he was as unhelpful as possible, it would have surprised me if he were anything else.

After a while someone indicates in chat they really could hear it so maybe three or four out of that crowd were actually listening.  Grateful is the one who asked me so I continue on but have in my head why did he ask me to play.  It doesn't break me as I roll it off to life being a practical joke as that's the best explanation I've found anyway.

No-one said much when I stopped either so this one definitely goes down to five-star weird as I might as well have been in a refrigerator.  It's all the more reason to keep it to the Circus.  People actually listen to the music.

Even though the trip was weird, the music was as good as I could make it.  Some of it was kind of smart ass as I said, "That one was I Love Rats ... and, what's more, rats love me."

I really will review the audio as The Silas TechnoHypnoGroove Christmas Song might have enough coolness to upload.  There's no video this time.

No comments: