Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blame It on the Mystery Lady

There was some talk of a Canon camera for second static view but that requires serious money at close to a grand.  The Mystery Lady suggested GoPro as an inexpensive and apparently high-quality alternative.

There was some thinking but I just go to the market for food and then I come back, I never go shopping for stuff that maybe I might like or so.  But this time I did and I was surprised by the array of action cams as the low-end ones are less than it typically costs for a basic point and shoot camera.

The thinking terminated with you don't have this money, move along, move along.

Still it had been planted and the thinking of the potential in it drove the research in subsequent articles.

So the Mystery Lady started this.  Send any complaint mail to her and I do see how that will be a problem since you don't know who she is or where she is.


In a world of illegal surveillance, fake names are your best friend.  That has been Internet Law since the first hyperlink went live.  There is an additional corollary that anything you put on the Internet will eventually end up on the cover of the New York Times.  The hipsters don't mind and this explains why they send pictures of their body parts to each other with their cellphones.

(Ed:  what about IP addresses?)

I'm assuming you aren't planning on robbing banks or blowing things up so who cares if they have your IP address.  It's associated with a name that's crap that may or may not have any bearing on any real world individual.  This is part of my huge objection to Facebook in that narks couldn't find a better friend and they will sell you out for a bag of chips.  The only protection against that is to create as many fake accounts on Facebook as possible and rotate them.  They will still trace back to the same IP address but why make things easy for dicks to watch you when you have done nothing that warrants them watching you, particularly since it's specifically illegal for them to do it.

(Ed:  so what?)

It's why I always use fake names on the blog.  Narks will have the IP address of anyone who reads or writes but they will have that anyway.  The only way anyone else can find the Mystery Lady is through me and that won't ever happen.  It's the same with Lotho's grand-baby as, without specific authorization, you will never see her picture here and neither will you know where she is.  Even with my unrelenting loathing for the Boobazoid, you'll never hear from me how to find her.  (Actually I don't even know if she's in the same place)

(Ed:  isn't this a handbook for terrorists?)

Um, are you seriously thinking bad guys don't know this already??  It's the good guys who are being watched for no reason just in case we might be shoplifters.  You aren't.  I'm not.  So.

No comments: