Saturday, January 24, 2015

Trying a Three-Way Tonight ... No, Not That Kind of Three-Way

The game tonight was with three video recordings plus an audio recording so I guess that makes it a Four-Way if you like.  That was unusual to do and it sounded medium cool.  I didn't hear, "Silas, this is so damn cool that you should live forever just to hang about and play it for people."

So, no.  I didn't hear that but I did hear a good experiment.  The object is to sync the three video sources as then I can cut between them during the playback and be as cool as Clint Eastwood ... well ... screw that.  Eastwood is a senile old fool ... BUT ... Oliver Stone is a reason Hollywood should make lots of them.  So, yah, cool as Oliver Stone.  That would be excellent.

It won't be anything close to that cool but a girl can dream (sigh).

Mixing this is going to be one stone bitch but that's what makes it a good trick ... maybe.

This is a decision point as the value of three synced videos is high for whatever crazy thing you may be trying to express.  However, working with them simultaneously is a monster bitch.  Seriously, it's hard.  If you're not ready for that, don't do it.  The audio track will at best be moderate.  Therefore, I need a bit of think time on whether the fascination with seeing three video sources work is worth the work when I know the result will probably not be a keeper.

The secondary objective was to play with as much stuff as possible so the keyboard, bass, and guitar are all parts of it.  There should be good video interest in it and that will probably tip it toward doing it, just to see if it worked.

More to come.  It's not likely I will upload it as I got the plug in there for Laughing Gecko and even struck the pose but it's got to be good enough.

Yah, I'll probably do it ... just not right this minute.  It'll take hours and that'll keep for now.

2 comments:

Laughing Gecko said...

I thought you meant Cincinnati chili three way! Funny the things you miss living so far away.

Unknown said...

What I wouldn't give for some real chili in this heathen world of Texans. The only explanation I have for Texas chili is they were trying to develop a military weapon and it didn't work.