Friday, January 9, 2015

I Want to Be a Hero

The GoPro Hero camera has become an obsession as I can see what it would see.  That's no great artistic trick as that's what I see when I play anyway, the camera is to record that.  The reason for the obsession is "The Cat in the Space Between Things" is perfect for it because I play most of the instruments to make the initial loop so there's lots of different visual to it and all from the perspective of what I see when I do it.

Take it to the heroism past that as the static camera records also but it's capturing, in effect, what you would see.  Therefore, cutting between that video track and the Hero track will alternate between your view and mine.  This is a bit too Woodstock for me (i.e. too many trippin' people in on the edits) but it would not be difficult to do a split screen video with your view on one side and my view on the other.

Tip:  there may be many tricky transitions you can use in your video editor.  Don't use them or you will make your video look like you're covering a child's birthday party or a damn wedding.  If there's no drama in the story already, clever transitions will do nothing to create or enhance it.

So now it's about how bad do you want to do this.  Answer.  very

I wouldn't cut down on the pet chow as I could tell them about 'suffering for art' but they would just bite me ... and quite rightly.

(Ed:  the animals eat better than you?)

Yep and more regularly too.  I'll go out there at around 7:30 and they will be waiting for me.  Their expectations are ok, tho, as these are my untrained killers, my Fort Worth Rockhouse Defense Force. There are four or so around the front as they rotate and there are two around the back.  Woe be unto any four-legger who comes around this place as he will henceforth be known as Lunch.

Don't send money in the expectation I will spend it on food as you should know already I wouldn't do it.  I really WANT this camera (laughs).  There is enough to make it to payday next week but this is the discipline bit.  I'm much more attentive now than I was about weakness and wobbling as now I know what was causing it.  There's discipline and then there's messing yerself up for a ridiculous reason.

(Ed:  what about cigarettes?)

That discipline doesn't work very well as cigarettes are dug into me deeper than those brain-eating earwigs from "The Wrath of Khan."

So this campaign is active.  I have no idea how long it will take to accomplish it but the song isn't ready to record right now anyway.  There hasn't been so much emphasis on shooting a t-shirt song for Laughing Gecko lately as the temperature has plunged.  It's significantly colder here in Fort Worth than in Bavaria where it is right now snowing.  In Bavaria they know how to keep houses cozy warm but in Texas ... well ... not so much.

Onward!

No comments: