Friday, January 23, 2015

On Bailing Out of Social Networks

No question there are good people who hang about on them, presumably bored out of their minds or they wouldn't be there.  I imagine I pissed some off in disappearing but the overall toxicity of social networks by far overwhelms the goodness of the people worth seeing.

PEGIDA has a following on Facebook and Cat has protested to Facebook about it but they won't do anything.  Promoting Hitlerian hatred is free speech.  Don't forget Charlie Hubcap.

Campaigns against vaccination and other types of quack medicine abound.  Again, Facebook will do nothing about them and presumably the same wishy-washy standards apply in other social networks.

There is the GOP but there are GOP extremists and they're the ones who believe the only solution is to kill all the Muslims, just eliminate them.  Whether they actually believe it or say it to be inflammatory can be determined by those with more time to waste than I.

The most obvious is that there's no point in attacking Silas Scarborough when he's already dead and I damn sure got that covered.

Yevette said now I look like a NAZI but I don't think many NAZIs had Mohawk haircuts or carried a kitten on the shoulder.  I don't know any NAZIs so I may be wrong on that but I have the impression that NAZIs and kittens don't mix well.



So there's no chance of returning to any level of activity in social networks as I've seen enough selfies to last the rest of my life, no matter how long it may run.  No, the above is not a selfie as the only resemblance between it and me is that I have always worn sunglasses.  I also had a kitten until the Frenchies catnapped it.

It's the toxicity that did it on Facebook, tho.  Maybe you think I'm toxic but I've got nothin' on that crowd.  I'll stay right here.  It's safer.  Besides, Facebook has almost nothing to do with music.  It has a lot to do with promoting music (badly) but it has nothing to do with creating it and is actively destructive insofar as the vibe coming off it is so hostile to human life that no music can possibly come from it.

Now I go back to Second Life which is what I did before there was Facebook.  Yesterday I checked out a few acts.  Two of them were awful but one wasn't and that's how I once did it.  Rather than going to Facebook to listen to people talking shit, I go on into Second Life and hear some people play.  Some will suck as yesterday this guy was trying to sing and it only made me think men are capable of menstrual cramps.  I still prefer to pick acts at random rather than go by promoter notices as the latter are almost always a waste of time.  What Cat says in hers is true but she is one of the few.

Music is clawing its way back to the surface.

No comments: