Thursday, January 29, 2015

Silas Scarborough Will Play Thursday Night at Cat's Art MusikCircus

There will be a one-off Silas Scarborough show on Thursday night and it will be good to play for Cat but there is no plan to play on a fixed schedule.  I never did repeating gigs in the past and it's not a good idea to go back to playing every Thursday.

There's a lot of why don't you play like this or that these days and that's a huge reason to keep focus.  My purpose is to film high-intensity visuals and there's no way to do that with Second Life.  However, Cat told me of images that come to her when I play "On a Grecian Morning" and those would be worth filming and would be impossible without Second Life.

(Ed:  make up yer damn mind)

This is not a coin toss kind of thing as keeping one and dumping the other is not a good answer.  I don't have any particular focus on shooting machinima because most of it looks the same.  The visuals Cat was suggesting were interesting and are more in line with videos I shot years ago.  If there's no story to it then, in my view, why bother but her images sounded achievable and worth shooting.  There are no videos of me playing on a stage unless someone else shot them as I never shot one like that.

Doing this required reconnection with Facebook so it's been done.

So this will be 5pm Texas time and Midnight in Germany.  International gigs are a little strange like that.

No comments: