Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Three-Way Was Recorded and Transcodes Now

The experiment was in using the laptop camera, the action cam, and a static cam all at the same time. Recording it is easy, mixing it down is a bitch.  Look at the time for the last blog article and then this one to find how long I was editing it.  And I hope people will as it doesn't take so much to get past shooting videos of some guy sitting in a chair playing guitar.

The video isn't the best music or the best of anything but it does give a good impression of the potential in the edits and that's exactly what I wanted.  I will upload it but I don't expect to leave it online permanently.  This is much more a demonstration of potential than anything else but that's excellent as it spins all kinds of gears on what that potential can be.

A big part of it is that I don't want tricks.  Everything in the video is as the camera shot it, there were no filters applied in Final Cut.

It's worthless as an ad for Laughing Gecko as I was wearing the shirt but I need to get some Hollywood around presenting it.

Transcoding looks to be complete in ten or fifteen minutes and it's supposed to be uploading it directly to YouTube.  I'm not positive it's doing that but it will be online in an hour or so in any case.

No comments: