Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Cable to Fix All Back Track Streaming Problems Forever

The following article was only to see if I'm dead.   Apparently I'm not so move on to the important stuff and that being the Cable to Fix All Back Track Streaming Problems Forever.  I wasn't anywhere close to being in any state to screw around with it earlier but I did get a quick test and it makes a dandy connection.

The cable is a stereo mini-plug to dual XLR outs which plug most handily into the mixer.  Those channels won't send anything out for effects as any back tracks have already had effects applied to them (or not).  That will mix with what comes in from instruments and, yahoo, extreme loudness.  Only fifteen bucks and the cable / plug quality is quite good.

The test was very brief, not even a whole Shakira song, but levels were excellent and sound was clean, no sign of distortion, even though direct audio out isn't typically the best way to channel audio out of a Mac.  Nevertheless, what I heard so far is very encouraging and I couldn't have played today anyway.

Nothing has even faintly changed about "Ohio 2014" and likely that will roll out on Thursday in the show.


One thing I noticed is that iTunes / iOS have evolved since I last tried something like this and the play list of my songs has evaporated.  That's fixable but it's a nuisance.  Pfft.

No comments: