Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Poems Are Accumulating Quickly

When there was the Lotho Commandment to publish, I was thinking, well, how many could there be, this will be a snap.  I made it down to article No. 1800 and was seeing a ten percent hit rate for poems so the list on my Poems page is growing quickly.  I'm pretty sure the rate doesn't stay consistent but it would mean almost two hundred more are forgotten.

There were some I discovered today that were incredibly important to me and still are but the names get lost in hundreds and hundreds of poems.  "The Elven Children" may still be in the top ten list of articles that got the most all-time hits and that's out of any articles, not just poems.

So, no need for a lot of words to say the exercise appears worthwhile and it seems very likely there will be enough material for another book.  I'll reserve the right to consider at least half of them as maudlin rubbishy crap but "The Elven Children" isn't the only one that surprised me and got the thinking, nooooo, don't want to lose that one.

So that'd be the Silas Corollary Commandment that at least fifty percent of any collection of poetry is complete suckage of sewage so I have a right to burn it because no-one cares what rhymes with 'garbage.'

No comments: