Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Orchid Conservatory Returns to My Duck Soup

The Orchid Conservatory first came up in '95 and spent most of that time as part of My Duck Soup.  I got to thinking the site had to be more focused so I split off the Orchids and made a blog for them.  This was an exceptionally bad idea.

A long time ago, someone got in touch to tell me of having an incredibly depressed situation happening but wandered into the Orchid Conservatory and got lost in the pictures.  I don't know the circumstance of the depression but I thought it was pretty cool that the pics had helped in some way.

So now they're back on My Duck Soup, the Orchid Conservatory lives again.  This wasn't exactly a huge deal as I never threw any of the stuff away, I only took it offline.  I have tweaked it to make it the images quite a bit bigger but that really only took a few seconds as it was a batch process to do it. I may yet reduce the size a bit to ensure they fit on a tablet browser.  Right now some are too big for it as I set the 'x' dimension to 1000 pixels and tablets choke on it.

The day rips.  Feels good to accomplish something plus the iPad tapped into the mixer get its really kicked up hard.  There is zero consideration of feedback this way so it was thunderous earlier.  Problem solved for fifteen bucks.  Savor that moment as they are rare with musical stuff.

It really kicked and I was most pleased.  The only hassle is that the songs export from iTunes as a playlist and there's no way to stop it from jumping to the next song automatically.  One ugly solution is to create multiple playlists with only one tune in each but that's so weak.  It would work, tho, and I may do it.

No comments: