Sunday, August 10, 2014

Throw a Net Over Him

After reviewing the outlandishness of my latest suggestions for improvements, I see it's time to throw a net over myself and all the project complete.

The security changes I was considering have been added and the new Portfolio file gets written to a temporary file so it can be toggled with the Production version.  This is one of the last nagging things that really didn't have to be done but I wouldn't be satisfied if I didn't.

I'm 99% satisfied it's ready to open and the process of opening it is only to send the link and the password to the owners.


My explanations here have been long but these are things which are longer to describe than to see and understand.  My purpose in the descriptions was to give an idea of what to expect.  I hope there won't be confusion but please let me know if anything at all looks strange to you.  It may not even necessarily be strange but just looks that way.  If you're bugged then it's something I need to review as the program does not do a good job if it creates any kind of confusion, even in a small way.

Computers should not be hard to use and they only remain so because of lazy programmers.  Take the time and make it right.  I have no interest in making software 'user friendly' but rather I want it to be user effective in that it does what you want it to do without a lot of bitching about it.

Diese ist Deutscher freundlich.  Ich mag nicht 'Hi!'  Diese ist nicht Hi' Software.  Hoffentlich, diese ist Gute Software.

Das war für Cat (lacht)

(Part of the reason German fascinates me is that you could probably understand almost all of that even if you don't know any German.)

No comments: