Sunday, August 24, 2014

Valerie Fraser, Artist - Multiple Language Support is Restored

There was a bit of delay before implementing support for additional languages after the set of changes I made a week or so ago.  The upgrade to support the languages is now complete and the site is stable.  The Zip source is online and up-to-date.

From my standpoint, the project is finished as the site is self-sufficient now.  Anything I was needed to do can be done with the system pages I created so I'm really not needed.  I'll be happy to do whatever anyone feels is needed but I haven't heard anything in a while so it seems to be closed for now.

Nevertheless, the site is solid and reliable.  Hopefully more material will come over time and the site can handle it when that arrives.  Keep an eye on it and see how it goes at Valerie Fraser, Art.


As development work tapered off on that site, I did some upgrades on My Duck Soup and that's looking more professional than it did as well.  Previously, there wasn't much more life to the site than something that washed up on the beach but it's live now.


In large part, all of this is a reaction to the negative effect of Facebook which I regard as destructive to people if only in terms of the cloistering effect.  You can see from the sidebar that people come from anywhere in the world to read this blog but you won't see that phenomenon in Facebook, precisely because of the cloistering effect.  That's also precisely the reason for building these Web sites outside of Facebook as there's no chance of getting that visibility otherwise.

No comments: