Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams

"A line of cocaine makes me feel like a new man.  But the first thing the new man wants to do is another line of cocaine." - Robin Williams

He said that a long time ago and I never forgot it.

He was the same age as I am now and what he did doesn't surprise me at all.  It's a strange irony as everything else in his life was always a surprise.

You have to look if you want to be funny and he saw most acutely.  If you pay any real attention to Facebook, you would come away in tears at the overwhelming sadness.  When so many are screaming about how to be happy, the desperation of their unhappiness shakes like a geological event.

It makes you want to help them but he tried harder than most people possibly could but still there is the eventual realization is that it is temporary.  They are so much controlled by their fear and nothing will penetrate it for very long.  You can try and try to tell them it's easy to be free of it as most of it isn't real anyway but it only works for a little while.  Of course he was depressed.

It doesn't surprise me that he was depressed.  It would surprise me if he were not.  That he found and made such incredible things in spite of it shows his strength.  That he got tired and couldn't do it anymore, who cannot forgive him.


It's been horrible day of blistering heat and headache.  Through some insane masochism I tried working on the Web site and broke it.  There's a security problem in the Admin Home.  I have no idea why and it only affects one file.

I can't fix it just now as I'm tired too.  I'm not going to kill myself but I can easily see why he did.

I really don't understand why everyone isn't overwhelmed by the brutality and savagery everywhere and how little is being done to understand it, always just kill it.

On balance there are some good things

but those I'll present by themselves ... in the morning or later or some such.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were more 'hippie suicides' as it becomes more and more clear that the killing will never stop so long as someone makes a buck on it.

That Robin Williams could be funny in spite of it all was his immense strength.  That it wore him out in the face of everything else just doesn't surprise me.  I hope his family does well and is not angry with him as often happens after a suicide.  Much love to them and us all.

No comments: