Sunday, August 17, 2014

Just Call Me Cinderella ... with a System

Never ever leave me a dirty kitchen when you go out of town.  Doing such a thing doesn't make you a bad person but it does show you fail to recognize I will compulsively fix things.  However, it's important to realize that while I'm washing the dishes I will also spot other things that need to be fixed.

You'll like what I do as the kitchen will be tidy and spotless, it's coming up on that already.

But ...

There is one small problem ...

Yes, you will like your clean new kitchen ... until you start wondering, hmmm, where did he put the stuff.

Where, indeed.

Welcome to SKOS, the Silas Kitchen Optimizing System.


Men, all through our lives, whenever we finally figure out where everything is stored in the kitchen, the Lady of the House re-organizes it.  Or maybe it's the Man of the House, I don't care who controls the kitchen ... they will change it every so often just to see how hungry you are.  If you're hungry then you'll find the stuff.  If not then no dishes to wash.  She ... or he ... wins either way.

So.

I'm the de facto Man of the Kitchen and I shall abuse my powers mightily.  This, after all, is Texas where abuse of power isn't really a crime so much as another Texas sport that's not as boring as baseball or as expensive as football.

No comments: