Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Oh, One More Thing About My Books

There is yet another one that was never published, "What Would Dogs Do?"  I didn't get the impression you all dug it too much but I attract a low-brow crowd.  I have a pretty fair idea why I attract a low-brow crowd, tho ... because the lofty ones wouldn't get it.

It looks like I will dredge enough poems out of the last couple of years to publish yet another book so the hardest part of that is coming up with a name for it.  I'm pretty sure this incarnation of the blog started not long before going to Greece so it's that period through now, whatever poems were written. Any poems in the blog before that and after "Lunagrams" are lost.

Failing to look to find if any of the books have sold was, at first, amusing ... but now it becomes pretentious.  I'm still not going to do it but I know I'm being pretentious about it now.  In any case, there is one thing we know for sure:  no-one bought any fookin' books!

I am absolute sucker for a loser and there's only one clear answer for when you have two books that don't sell:  yep, publish two more.

Titles are a bitch as anything on a theme of descending into madness is too hackneyed even for Hollywood.  There's always using references to gods in obscure pantheons to give an aura of hip to a piece of crap but that won't fool anyone for long ... but ... I forget where I'm living now.  So, like I was saying, the title should be "Thor Will Fuck You Up."

I may need to think about this some more.

"The Tiger and the Monkey"is something I wrote for Cat a long time ago and I think it's the best love note I ever wrote.  Making a joke out of the book with something like that in there is not only disrespectful to myself but also to her.  As to me, so what, but, as to disrespecting Cat, not acceptable.

No comments: