Monday, August 18, 2014

Hat Tip to Yevette

When I said I would go ripshit on the kitchen, I really did.  She was out of town for some days so that gave me time as I can't do the Ironman stuff but I can definitely do determination.  She was very cool about it as a lot of stuff moved but she saw the gains.  There's a whole lot more to this that I'm not even going to think about telling you but this was important stuff and I feel good about doing it.

I also hunted down the rats.

(Ed:  Rats?  I thought they got wiped out in the Great Fort Worth Rat Safari?)

They did but no-one could figure where they could possibly have been hiding.  Every house has a drawer, shelf, closet or some such that isn't used very much.  Maybe it's got the party supplies for when they elect an honest politician and it's way in the back as you know it will never be used.

Which makes a perfect segue to finding rats as I found the hiding place and bleached all living hell out of it.  They didn't come back to it or anything as it would have to be one hell of a super rat to get past the cats.  Those little rotters are stupid but they are incredibly fast.  So now after that bleach I know even if one does manage to get back inside, there's no good place to hide.

I really did feel good about it as rats carry a whole lot of things that will kill you and more so in the Southwest.  You'll hear every so often about bubonic plague, hanta virus, and variations on those themes all of which trace back to dirt from rats.  Texas is one of the highest for hanta virus.  So now the place really is healthier and I fookin' did it and, yep, I feel good about that too.


While the show search mechanism for Valerie's site is frustrating, it's an interesting challenge and it doesn't have to be technical to describe it.  When the images are displayed sequentially, it's the same as looking in a folder on your own computer.  Open it and list the names, sorted alphabetically.  However, when I'm going through the paintings by show, that uses the information file and that is sorted by the year the piece was painted and it's not alphabetic.  So they problem is going through two different lists in two different orders to correlate the information needed to figure out just what the hell is the next picture to display.

While twisted exercises may not seem entertaining, a favorite of programmers is considering the ultimate solution to elevator placement.  What is the best floor on which to leave an empty elevator as it waits for the next call.

I feel good about the site.  I feel like the Artist is becoming.  She sees I'll put anything on the site she wants or take it off, that's why I pulled out the Twitter displays and put that only on a News page.  For me it is fulfillment to see it become fulfillment for her.  I never had kids so this is a very cool buzz.


"Shooting Through a Star" plays just now and I have listened to it maybe a dozen times.  Picking mistakes is easy but I don't hate myself so much as to throw it out on that basis.  There will be stinkers sometimes as I don't know where these things will go and I explore.  It's like reaching for the garam masala as you know it will do something cool to the dish but you won't really know for sure what it is until you do it.

The playing sounds confident and I suppose the bumout is that it needs a band for that kind of crankage.  That's the kind of groove that's gets handed back and forth while some red-headed chick singer in leather blows out some trippin' on the mike.  Girl, I don't care if you can sing.  Do whatever you do but let it rip.  You're a red-head, you can do it!

I do feel good about the tune as, for me, there's some fairly creditable guitar playing in it ... but ... it also weighs heavy how much damn cooler it would be with a band.  I can play the different parts myself but that's not a band.

That's the focus part.

Blowing the focus is the cacophony from people who just will not stop shooting each other and they won't stop making more guns so even more people can do it.  As to restoring focus, engaging in any kind of Facebook 'debate' with anyone is pointless as no-one's mind will be changed by it.  That kind of stuff isn't even masturbation as at least you get some tingle out of the latter whereas the 'debate' is a complete and total waste of time.

My position is clear and it has been.  Stop the killing or don't for a moment expect me to consider you a human being.  So they call that arrogant and hate me.

Best to stay the fuck away from them.

Altogether now ...

SHUT UP AND PLAY

No comments: