Friday, August 1, 2014

Song for Cat

There hasn't been much happening but some chords emerged which were satisfactorily beyond a small variation on 1-3-5.  You can always get some little groove out of that but I wanted more to it and the first thought in that is what will Cat think of it.  Bringing it to her is a bit of a challenge just now but that gives some more time to play with it.  Sometimes that's good as you can take the dune buggy and turn it into a limousine ... but that wouldn't be so cool in the desert.  Right now I play it with two guitars ... but maybe it needs some drums, bass, keys.  When you start doing that, the next thing that comes is, hmm, it has some nice changes so why not come up with some others and get all progrock with it.  Switch back and forth and just dazzle the hell out of people.

Sure ... if there's a reason.

I like how it goes now and some stuff you turn into a symphony, some you don't.  Maybe it doesn't have enough chords yet.  It didn't the first time and maybe it still doesn't.  It will by the time Cat hears it.

Since I first started playing, there's only one person I see when I play: her.  I tell you I don't care if there is an audience and I never did ... so long as she is there.  It's like 'spotting' in bellydancing as you will vomit for a week if you try to do bellydancer spins but you don't know about spotting.  This is when, each time you spin around, you focus on something on the wall.  It doesn't matter what you pick, just something you can spot each time around.  Do this and you can spin all you like.  If she's in the audience, spinning or otherwise, I'll play all night.

(Ed:  so they're all songs for Cat?)

You knew that already (laughs).

No comments: