Friday, August 22, 2014

"Today's 7/4 Invention" - Silas (audio)

Laughing Gecko requested more music and something I learned in Aruba was it's always important to listen to lizards:

Edward G Reptile at your service.  Who do you want killed?

"Today's 7/4 Invention" is some experimentation from today.  There were some interesting moves in it so I uploaded it and it's on the Ride the Dragon Podcast now.

The other side of the story is the first half of the show was a complete write-off.  It's the same problem I've had previously in which audio outbound from the computer to the mixer (e.g. back track from Garageband) does not get turned around and echoed back over PA's output channels except what it picks up on the vocal mike.  The result was that it was very loud here ... but all the audience heard was the lead guitar, the rest of it never left the room.  Pfft.

I've had it with this problem and when there's a few dollars, I'll get some cable adaptors to plug the iPad into the mixer and use it to drive the songs.  That's a ridiculously high-tech solution to a low-tech problem but nothing else has worked and I've had it with jacking with it.  The iPad is here.  All I need is a relatively-inexpensive cable and this problem is permanently buried.  For twenty bucks, it's worth it.

(This went back to draft status for some reason so I had to publish it again)

No comments: