Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Poems Added to My Duck Soup - Updated

There was a Commandment to publish the poems and I have started although the First Commandment is to go forth to find them.  There is one tiny problem as I have never filed any of them ... but ... they're in the Blog somewhere.  They couldn't be too hard to find as the blog has been running for not quite two years in its current form so how many articles could that be at a rate of four or five per day.  If you come up with a number that floats around three thousand then we have the same arithmetic skills.

Suddenly this isn't sounding like quite such a bright idea.  I never had any intention of publishing them so, wtf, I didn't file 'em.

The changes are on My Duck Soup as I've done some tinkering there, mostly to add the POETRY button but the first page was pretentious and hopefully that's at least reduced.  The PODCAST has been re-formatted quite a bit as well.


The Poems routine is set up to make this as easy as possible.  I don't have to write a Web page for each one as the code will see a poem and make a Web page for it.  So my task is to fookin' find them and make the TXT files it needs.


Update:

So now we know how many holes
it takes to fill the Albert Hall
as there are 2191 articles in the blog

but

I did get through (gasp) 191 of them.

That got a collection of a dozen or so poems on the page and gave reason to find the rest of them as if it holds up that between five and ten percent of the articles are poems then there could well be hundreds of them.  I think I put between sixty and a hundred in the last book so somewhere in there is the 'magic number.'

No comments: