Saturday, August 16, 2014

Minimally Maximizing the Mode of Minimilization

The title is an example of the reverse of what I am doing with the Valerie Fraser site as I had thought the site was generally minimal but it wasn't so changes have been happening.  Don't expect to see it going to full e e cummings minimilization as I would protest that as pretentious but reducing to the 'essence' is a clear direction ... so do it.

The site went all to hell when I did it and this is still a mystery as removing things should not have destabilized it.  I was too tired to have been screwing with it when I tried so I got it stabilized and now there will be another pass to make sure it stays that way.

So, I apologize.  That should not have happened but it's corrected and more pics are in-process of going up now.  These ones will change quite a bit the tone of 'about the Artist' and this is excellent to see as it's her tone rather than one I suggest in the blind.  After this I know it is how she wants it so that's very good to see  / hear.


There is one garishness that is floating around lost like a sock that just made its escape from a dryer but doesn't know where to go first.  The Facebook and contact stuff is all contained in one box but there's no way to make it pretty, minimal, or other as that stuff doesn't work like that.

Where Facebook could have some value (since it's kind of a base for the Artist anyway) is to make an Artist page on FB as that could serve as a low-level blog but with the 'advantage' of easy conversation.   Note that 'easy conversation' is the most hellacious timesuck of social networks in the New Age so be careful with that one.  Otherwise, maybe it's bet to bag that linkage altogether.

The Twitter linkage has been removed so there is only one tracker that will come at you and that's Zuckerberg's Facebook Connect, the H. simplex of modern computing.  I lean toward chucking this stuff to prettify the site but I'll wait to hear.

No comments: